Because the virus has been found in multiple members of our community and some of our city employees, Mayor Tim Boyd and I have discussed options and determined that it is in the best interest of our community to follow the orders given by Governor Abbott and take action to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- The Civic Center is closed until further notice.
- Masks have been distributed to all employees to wear if they come in close contact with members of the community. They are not required to wear them because those who are doing physical actions would have trouble breathing, but they have been furnished to them if needed.
- The doors at City Hall are once again locked to the public.
- However, payments can easily be made through the deposit box beside the front door.
- Payment can also be made over the Internet via the City website or by phone.
- Bank drafts can also be done by contacting the water desk.
- Park pavilion rentals will only be issued for non-alcohol events and will require a signed statement accepting the responsibility to enforce social distancing of at least six (6) feet.
- Any other contact will require an appointment by phone at 728-3464 for city secretary and city manager, or 728-5331 for billing or water, sewer, and garbage actions.
Again, this is in response to the new orders from the governor and the alarming increase in positive testing for the virus.