Design curve



Call (325) 728-5331, and choose from one of the following options:
Ext. 1- Water, Permits and Municipal Court
Ext. 2- Human Resources, Sanitation, and Accounts Payable
Ext. 3- Cemetery, Landfill, and Finance
Ext. 4- Code Enforcement

Animal Control

If you live in the Colorado City limits please call (325) 728-5294 to report problems.
Contact your family doctor or go to the appropriate medical facility for treatment. 
Call Colorado City Animal Control at (325) 728-5287 or the Police Department at (325) 728-5294.
If the animal is wild, Animal Control officers will set a trap. If the animal is domesticated, Animal Control officers will check with the owner to determine if the animal is current on its rabies vaccination.
If the animal is not current on its rabies vaccination, it will be transported to a licensed vet for a 10-day observation. If the animal has to be killed, the head will need to be sent off for rabies testing.

Building Inspections

Building permit fees are based on the square footage of the project. Please contact City Hall for more information at 325-728-5331, Ext. 1. 

City Secretary

Public records, City Council resolutions and ordinances, and other information can be requested by submitting the Request Form to the City Secretary's Office. 325-728-3464
J.P. Precincts 1 and 4 325-728-8906
J.P. Precincts 2 and 3 325-728-5162
The main number for the Wallace and Ware Units is: 325-728-2162

Code Enforcement

Yes, Sec. 365.012. of the Health and Safety Code "ILLEGAL DUMPING" specifies that it is illegal to disposes of litter or other solid waste into "other public or private property". The offense is a class "C" misdemeanor for less than 5 pounds of litter.
Yes. We do not require that you provide any personal information. Remember that all information you choose to provide to the City, including names, phone numbers, or email addresses, is subject to the Public Record Laws. In other words, we must provide this information to anyone who asks for it. If you wish to remain completely anonymous, do not provide your personal information.
The Colorado City Ordinance describes an unserviceable vehicle as any vehicle which is required to be licensed and registered by the State of Texas and is not licensed and registered and is in such condition that it cannot be started or moved under its own power without repair. Derelict vehicles typically leak fluids such as anti-freeze, gasoline and other automotive fluids onto the ground, contaminating the local area.
These vehicles also create an attractive nuisance to children by presenting an enticing, but dangerous, plaything. There are several documented incidents of children becoming locked inside a vehicle and succumbing to the extreme temperatures produced within the vehicle. Inoperative vehicles also detract from neighborhoods appearance and can invite an undesirable element into your community.
If you have any questions about what is required of you to achieve compliance with Colorado City Code Enforcement, please contact the investigator assigned to your case. The investigator’s name is listed at the bottom of the notice you received. You can also call our main number at (325) 728-5331 and speak to anyone in the Department.
The goal of Code Enforcement is to preserve the quality and value of public and private property and maintain a high standard of living by eliminating conditions that threaten the life, health, safety, and general welfare of the public. The Department recognizes that this goal is most effectively achieved through the education of, and cooperation with, the citizens of Colorado City.
City Hall
180 W. 3rd


Vendors who are interested in selling products and services to the City can contact the City Financial Assistant to complete an application. 325-728-5331

Fire Department

The City can not giver Citizens permission to burn.  However, if you so do choice to burn, please notify the Police Department at (325) 728-5294 prior to burning.  Should you fail to notify the Police Department and the Volunteer Fire Department is notified, the fire will be extinguished and you can be liable for fines and penalties.

Human Resources

You can view all open job opportunities within the City by viewing our website.
Each application received by the City will be held on file for 90 days from the submitted date.

Municipal Court

Fines are due in full on the day of sentencing. The Colorado City Municipal Court accepts cash, check, money orders, and cashier's checks. For more information, please call 325-728-5331 ext. 1. 
If you fail to appear in court as ordered, the court will issue a warrant for your arrest and you can be jailed and/or fined. For more information or if you have questions, please contact us at (325) 728-5331.


Tuesday-Friday 12-5 but special tours can be easily arranged by phoning the museum at (325) 728-8285 ahead of time to make arrangements.
It is free! We are a non-profit organization and donations are gratefully accepted.
There is a good possibility that the archives at the museum have what you are looking for. We have 1000's of pictures (some dating back to the 1800s), files ranging from local families to historic events, old newspapers and books written about some of the most interesting times and people of our local history.
The Heritage House is a "must-see" in Colorado City. The oldest brick home in Mitchell County with it's period furnishings is available for touring by contacting the museum.
It is $5 for a student, $15 for an individual, $30 for a family, $100 to be a patron and $1000+ to be a lifetime member.

Parks & Recreation

To rent the Civic Center, call (325) 728-2072.  To rent a park pavilion, call City Hall at (325) 728-5331, Ext. 1.

Planning and Zoning

Zone changes and General Plan amendments require Planning Board review. Contact the City Secretary at 325-728-3464 for more information.
The term setback means the required distance separating a building or structure from a property line. Setback regulations for buildings are included in the Zoning Ordinance. Setback regulations for accessory structures are included in the ordinance as well.
First, determine the zoning district your property is located in by checking the City's zoning map or calling the Code Enforcement Department. Next, look up the permitted uses for your zoning district.

Police Department

Driving records are maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS). To obtain a certified copy of your driving record, contact TXDPS at their website:
For a copy of an accident report, please contact the Records Division at (325) 728-5294 or come by the Police Department at 201 W. 3rd St. between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
No, however, the Colorado City Police Department will assist you in obtaining the services necessary, such as certified locksmith, to unlock your vehicle.

Public Information

To stay informed on what is happening in the community, please checkout our new web calendar located on the main page of our web site or follow us on Facebook.  You can find us by searching for City of Colorado City- City Hall

Public Works

Residential streets within the Colorado City limits are swept periodically. If you would like to have your curbs swept, please contact the Public Works Department at 325-728-3153.