Putting Animals Up For Adoption
The slideshow shows pictures of our current adoptable animals.
- Impounded animals are held for five days to allow the owner to reclaim their pet. If an adoptable animal is not reclaimed during that time, the animal is put up for adoption to the public.
- If an owner surrenders a pet to Animal Control it is made available for adoption that day.
- The shelter does not adopt out aggressive, sick, injured, or nuisance animals.
- The pets need forever-homes, so please take the time to make sure the pet is right for you and your family.
- All animals are required to be registered with the City before they are delivered to the new owners.
For more information on adoptions, please contact Rustine Lendermon at the Animal Control Department at (325) 728-5294.
Animals are held at the C City Animal Shelter located at 140 Kimble St (Old Water Barn). There is a $35 adoption fee which includes City registration.
Save A Soul & Adopt A Friend!